5 Best Bosch Orbital Sanders of 2017 (Edition 2017)
Bosch makes one of the best tools for domestic and professional use. Sanding is one of the most basic requirements of DIY projects, and BOSCH has been making one of the most trustworthy domestic as well as professional tools for ages.
Let’s look at some of the best Orbital Sanders from Bosch and see what features they offer.
Bosch ROS10 Volt Random Orbit Sander
- Amperage: 2.5 Amp
- Power: 12000 OMP
- Microfilter system: Traps even the most minute dust particles, as small as 1.5 microns in size.
- Dust Canister: It is a solid plastic dust canister that you can easily detach to facilitate emptying.
- Backing Pad: There is a smooth backing pad to ensure an optimal finish.
- Vibration: Mechanized to eliminate maximum vibrations.
- Weight: 3.3 pounds.
- Easy handling and use due to ergonomic, lightweight body, design, and grip.
- Enhanced and smooth finishing.
- The plastic coating of the onboard filter is of low quality which may wear off with the passage of time.
- The low vibration mechanism has not satisfied many people.
Bosch OS50VC 120 Volt Variable Speed Orbital Sander
- Amperage: 3.4 Amp
- Power: The speed changes automatically according to the need of the workpiece.
- Vibration Control: There is a built-in suspension system to minimize vibrations.
- Paper Clamping system: This device features Sheetloc Supreme Paper Clamping System for the paper to fit perfectly. You can also use stick-on papers.
- Dust collection: The dust canister has a built-in microfiltration system to grab even the smallest of dust molecules.
- Paper: 1/2 sheet.
- It is the ultimate sander with hardly any cons.
- People are more than happy with its performance.
- It has one of the best dust collection systems.
- Some people may consider its high price a con, as one can get four Sanders for the price of one of this sander.
Bosch ROS20VSK 120 Volt Random Orbital Sander
- Speed/ Orbits per minute: 7000-12000.
- Weight: 3.5 pounds only.
- Disc size: 5″
- Dust collection: The inbuilt vacuum system collects most of the sanding dust.
- Excellent quality product.
- Featured with anti-swirl and anti-vibration mechanisms.
- Low noise emission.
- Perfect for high grit sanding.
- Most people are not happy about the hook and loop system.
- The dust canister is not convenient to open and shut.
- Amperage: Mighty 6.5 Amp
- Speed: 3,100-66,500 OPM
- Modes: It offers two sanding modes: Random Orbit Mode for a smoother finish and regular sanding and a very aggressive “Turbo” mode for powerful sanding on rougher surfaces.
- Convenience Features: Soft Start, Variable speed dial, CR circuit to maintain pad speed under heavy loads and anti-swirl mechanisms.
- Noise and Vibration: Low.
- Weight: 7.3 pounds.
- 1-year conditional warranty by Bosch
- Made for any domestic and professional sanding needs.
- One of the best sanders on the market.
- The device is made to be used by professionals with strong arms only to be able to control it at high speed.
- The device obviously gets heated on the “Turbo” mode.
- Ease of use: This sander would not only give you a perfect finish but is also very handy to use.
- Amperage: 3.3 Amp
- Power Speed: 4500-12000 OPM
- Orbit: 3/16″
- Pad: 5″, not only orbits but rotates as well, imitating the effect of hand sanding.
- Microcellular Backing Pad: Enhances the finishing.
- Other mechanisms: To ensure the elimination of swirl motions and vibrations.
- Weight: 6.2 pounds.
- Vacuum: The is built-in microfiltration system and a plastic collection chamber.
- The dust bag works efficiently.
- The variable speed option gives you a wide range to choose from.
- Reliable sander.
- No adjustable knob.
- No vacuum hose adapter mechanism for a shop Vac to get increased vacuum power against dust.
The emphasis of the company is on the quality, efficiency, performance and customer satisfaction. It has greatly won hearts of many users who trust the brand for sanding tools. The good thing is that no one has ever been disappointed with the BOSCH.